Formulating Proposals for Low Carbon Climate Resilient Development: Designing Green Climate Fund Projects (ICREP)
The aim of the course is to develop participants’ skills in preparing proposals for low carbon climate resilient development in areas such as clean energy access, energy efficiency and adaptation to climate change so that they can mobilise climate finance, particularly from the Green Climate Fund (GCF), and catalyse the deployment of climate change solutions in developing countries.
After completion of the course, participants will have gained knowledge and experience related to:
- Current international policy concerning climate change and clean energy
- Funding options for low carbon climate resilient development (e.g. clean energy access, adaptation options, technologies for and promoting of energy efficiency)
- Identifying project opportunities for low carbon climate resilient development
- Assessing sustainable development impacts
- Developing implementation strategies
- Writing bankable and fund-able proposals
The deadline for applications by candidates with own funding is 27 January, 2017.